Are you looking to get your foot in the door with a nationally recognized company? Are you looking for amazing opportunities? Join the Safelite Auto Glass team that has a philosophy of building deep relationships within the community, with a focus on great customer experiences! If you are driven, possess strong communication skills, and have a desire to learn and help others, apply now for the Installation Technician role!
The direct-hire Installation Technician role is Safelite’s entry level preview into the world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This career-launching opportunity provides paid, formal training that teaches everything needed to complete basic repairs and replacements. This is an excellent, hands-on career that takes the stress out of a customer’s day!
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive weekly base pay starting at $23/hour, increasing to $24/hourafter training and certification
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you’ll need to be successful– in classroom and hands on!
- Promotional opportunities in your first year with great performance to Senior Tech ($25/hour) and Master Tech($28.75/hour).
- A benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans customized to suit your needs and a commitment to work/life balance through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays and paid volunteer days.
- Tuition reimbursement
- To view some of the great health, wealth, and life offerings, visit safelitebenefits.com
What You’ll Do:
- Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass with a focus on the Safelite’s installation standards under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite leaders.
- Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite tools, materials and processes.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite’s tools and technologies.
- Offer additional products and services to customers.
- Consistently deliver service so great, it’s memorable.
- Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from customer sites throughout the workday.
- Age: Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license required.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety, cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads fluctuate.
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective equipment.
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for short periods, working at elevated heights, safely using windshield adhesives, and remaining on your feet for extended periods.
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent preferred; ability to read, write and interpret technical directions required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Age/Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran