Job Description – Associate Underwriter: $22-$25/hr! M-F 8am-5pm!!
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a top insurance provider in the region? Are you looking for a role with opportunities to grow? Then you have found the right opportunity!
We are seeking a professional Small Business Underwriter to join forces with a newly-renovated insurance office in downtown Columbus. As a Small Business Underwriter, you will evaluate existing commercial insurance policies and determine whether they meet the company’s underwriting guidelines. You will attempt to minimize loss potential, while retaining risks that are priced appropriately. It will be crucial to develop profitable growth opportunities through productive relationships with our agency partners. This is a fantastic entry point into a great corporation that enables multiple opportunities to advance with this prominent nationally known Insurance provider.
InnoSource has been Putting Passion to Work for over 25 years. We care about our associates and our clients, and we aim to deliver for both. This means connecting each individual with the best long-term career fit based on unique skills and needs, and guiding you through the process along the way.
Key Responsibilities – Associate Underwriter: $22-$25/hr! M-F 8am-5pm!!
- Accurately enter data to write, renew, and maintain commercial lines insurance policies
- Provide excellent customer service to underwriters, sales managers, and other agencies
- Complete supplemental underwriting reports, MVRs, agency transfers, and follow-ups
- Meet established Service Level Agreements and quality standards within authority levels
- Assist in problem-solving analysis, and make sound judgment decisions in interpreting company rules and procedures
- Communicate with agents in individuals in commercial underwriting, production services, and document management services
Required Skills and Knowledge – Associate Underwriter: $22-$25/hr! M-F 8am-5pm!!
- Commercial data entry experience with company or similar level of experience with another property-casualty company is desirable
- Exemplary customer service, professionalism and responsiveness to all internal and external customers
- Thorough knowledge of insurance terminology and commercial lines application process in each operating state is strongly desired
- This position requires a high school education or equivalent
- Continuing education such as college course work or insurance education (i.e. certification in General Insurance) is strongly preferred
Education and Experience – Associate Underwriter: $22-$25/hr! M-F 8am-5pm!!
- Two years of experience in an Underwriter role preffered but not required
- Commercial lines experience preffered but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is strongly preferred but not required
- Insurance Education course work (i.e. AINS – Associate in General Insurance) is preferred
Benefits and Pay – Associate Underwriter: $22-$25/hr! M-F 8am-5pm!!
- Great hours: 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday
- Paid training
- Compensation: $22-$25 per hour (commensurate with experience)
- Great benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, and Dental Reimbursement
- Experience a culture of passion in a professional environment
Equal Opportunity Employer – Age/Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran